top of page
  • Writer's picturePat Browne

Danger for dogs: beware of potential poison

Hi all, this is a notice (particularly for dog owners) about the potential use of poison placed to combat rodents. Several neighbours have noticed dead animals (racoons, squirrels, etc) on their property - likely from poison. Please be aware that someone may be using rat poison, etc to rid themselves of a rodent problem. If you have small children or dogs (or cats if they are outdoor), please be aware.

For rodent problems, they are usually attracted by improperly cared for green bins. Make sure you keep your green bins clean and emptied regularly. If you do find a dead animal, the city will help. Please go to for specific recommendations.

Never touch a dead animal with bare hands. Always wear gloves or use a double plastic bag to handle dead animals and wash hands thoroughly after.

32 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page